Friday, July 20, 2012

Pray, Talk, Beg and Cry

Because of a situation that has been on-going for several years in our family, I have lost respect for the most important person in my life.

I've talked, cried, prayed and begged for this person to step up and do the right thing. However, it is easy to take me for granted. It is safe to ignore me and not confront this other situation because my love is a sure thing and I don't cause as much trouble as this other situation. I now do not want to be around the one person I love most. We don't have much of a relationship at all because this other situation has been allowed to consume everything.

I know that I am not even close to the top of my VIP's list, I might be #10. Have I reached a point in life that because of circumstances I no longer want fellowship with my VIP?

All of this has given me an inkling of how much the Lord would like to spend time with me. Is this how the Lord feels about me? While I tend to turn to God in times of fear and adversity He is not first in many areas of my life. Am I apathetic in my desire to spend time with the Lord and only consumed with external situations? Do I take the Lord and His Love and His Grace for granted? Do I think I can treat the Lord and my loved ones any way I want and give them attention only when it is convenient, because I'm covered by Grace. How long do I think I can continue in this manner without correcting my behavior before the Lord allows evil to come into my house to get my attention?

It is spending time with the Lord for no real reason, but just because you want to, that allows you to hear God's voice.  You can't hear God's voice as easily when you are always in crisis or panic mode. You can pray and pray but if you don't listen then take the appropriate actions you have been told to do take, nothing will change.  Has the Lord spoken to you in that still small voice and you've ignored Him? Has He then had to resort to try speaking to you through those close to you and you've ignored them?

There comes a time when one must take a position that is not safe, politic or popular but you must take a stand because the Lord says it is right.  Will you let your household be destroyed because it was the easy path to take? When you follow God, He will bless you but when you don't follow God you will loose ownership of the land.  Will you loose everything for the sake of expedience?


On a lighter note, here are a couple photographs from 2 photo sessions with one of the joys of my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment