Saturday, December 7, 2013




The Jesus Story by Dr. William H. Marty

I have been trying to remove a lot of extraneous “worldly” entertainments from my life and focus on Jesus.  Some people call this a Jesus Fast. I can’t say that I have been 100% successful but, it has been a big help.  It is books like The Jesus Story that has helped me in my fast.  I have been craving books that will not only translate the Story of Jesus’ life into everyday language but I’m the kind of person who wants those details about what His everyday life could have been like.  I want to know how food was prepared, how the towns were laid out, what type of fabric they made their clothing out of and how they made it and on and on.  While this book does not go into that type of depth it gave me a glimpse of the story in chronological order.  As I read there were many times I wished for more of Dr. Marty’s insights but it did make me go and read more about it in the Bible.  All in all, I would recommend this book to anyone who wants an over view of Jesus.

This book was provided to me free from Bethany House to review. I was in no way paid for the review though I feel enriched by having read the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment